Gateway to the Paul Bunyan State Forest
Nestled in the Heart of the Paul Bunyan State Forest, The Stompin Grounds Lodge and Campground is the perfect destination for enjoying OHVing, Snomobiling, Horse Back Riding, Hiking and Biking at it's finest! Bring your map and a compass for a truly remarkable experience!
Only going for the day?? We have ample parking available for you to unload and enjoy all that our beautiful forest has to offer! When you return from your trip, come in to tell us about your adventure of the day and stay for a meal!
Ride from your Campsite!
Come in for Hot Cocoa!
Unload here for a ride in the Forest
Fish, Boat & Beach at Eleventh Lake
Hiking events held here!
ORVing from your Campsite!
The following is information from the MN State DNR Office.
Please visit their site for additional information.
The Stompin Grounds Lodge encourages all legal recreation within the forest. Please remember to keep our forest clean and be safe using it.
Experience the joy of snowmobiling by getting out with friends and family on Minnesota's vast trail network made up of 22,000 miles of groomed snowmobile trails.
Over 21,000 miles are maintained by local snowmobile club volunteers.
Always check trail availability before you go! Get snow and trail conditions here, and it's a good idea to call the trail contact as well.
Please ride safely, and remember to check your sled for current registration. If you need one, please visit the State of MN DNR Website to purchase.
• From long treks along the rugged coast of Lake Superior, to wandering the open spaces of the Minnesota River Prairie, you'll find plenty of hiking opportunities in Minnesota's state forests, parks, SNAs, WMAs, and trails.
• Check out these hiking safety tips, and read up on deer ticks and poison ivy before you go.
Whether you want miles of smooth asphalt or rugged singletrack, we've got great places to spin your wheels.
• Find winter fat bike trails.
• Be smart: always wear your helmet!
• Check out the singletrack mountain bike trails in Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area.
OHV - ATV & UTV & OHM
• Off-highway vehicles (OHVs) include all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), off-highway motorcycles (OHMs) and off-road vehicles (ORVs), such as 4x4s.
• Safety training is recommended for everyone that operates an OHV. It is required for ATV riders born after July 1, 1987 and OHM riders under the age of 16.
• All non-residents must purchase a non-resident trail pass to ride on state or grant-in-aid trails.
• OHVs are generally permitted on state forest roads and trails in accordance with state forest motor vehicle use classifications and regulations.
FISHING & THE BEACH
Up for some fishing or a day at the Beach?? Just minutes away from the Stompin' Grounds Lodge, you'll have access to Eleventh Crow Wing Lake, an 800 acre spring fed, crystal clear lake; official headwaters to the Crow Wing Chain of Lakes.
Fish in the lake include:
Walleye Northern Pike
Large Mouth Bass Rock Bass
Like to scuba?? Another great reason to come over and enjoy the day here!!
Fishing at Eleventh Beach